Temple Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone 2022 Master Plan | City of Temple
Project Description: The City of Temple Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone (TIRZ) continues to prove itself as an extremely powerful tool in developing the economic base for the City. During the life of the Zone, the TIRZ has funded development projects that have attracted business growth in heavy industrial, manufacturing, distribution, advanced medical technology and bioscience, rail and others. To continue the success of the TRZ, the future development must be carefully planned and considered.
The purpose of this master planning was to:
- Explore new zone possibilities
- Determine growth areas to include expanding the TIRZ
- Determine rail growth possibilities including inter-modal sites
- Determine infrastructure requirements for the growth areas
- Review and include airport development
- Identify relationships for character zones for the growth areas
- Identify trail system connections
- Review gateways and entrance features
- Explore future zone connections
- Investigate major transportation modes
The process utilized to achieve these goals included evaluation of current progress in the TIRZ and future impacts that will continue the economic development and growth that the TIRZ has established. The review included all of the aspects identified above.
Workshops, group meetings and stakeholder presentations were held. Included in these were the TIRZ Board, TIRZ Project Group, Temple Economic Development Corporation, City Staff, City Council and KPA Engineers. The stakeholders who made presentations were:
- Bioscience Institute
- Veterans Administration
- Patriot Rail Group
- Belton Independent School District
- Temple Independent School District
- Temple College
- Airport Board
- Parks and Leisure Board
- Scott and White
The information gained during the stakeholder’s presentations was received and incorporated in the master plan to coincide with the growth plans of our community partners.
During the process to update the master plan for the TIRZ, many scenarios and alternatives were reviewed and processed. The result created the direction and vision for the master plan including land use, transportation needs, growth areas, utility requirements and the future plan for the TIRZ.
KPA has served as the TIRZ’s Program Manager since the late 1990’s. KPA has provided Final Design and Construction Administration Services on all of the TIRZ’s infrastructure improvement projects since this time which has accounted for more than $100 million in roadways, bioscience parks, trails, rail parks and water and wastewater utilities.